Holy moly! I found a magical and fun way to WANT to meditate every day!
Oh yeah, you totally read that right!
Before I tell you all about that, let’s quickly talk about how bad ass meditation is for you:
1. Reduces Stress – this is SUPER important because STRESS KILLS! We don’t give this enough credit but there are so many illnesses that are triggered by stress. Not to mention the secondary effects it has on people’s disrupted sleep, depression, anxiety, fatigue, cloudy thinking, and more. Plus it has been shown to Lower Blood Pressure!
2. Controls Anxiety – Habitual meditation helps reduce anxiety and anxiety-related mental health issues like social anxiety, phobias and obsessive-compulsive behaviors. For anyone struggling with anxiety, this one alone is worth it!
3. Promotes Emotional Health – Inflammatory chemicals called cytokines, which are released in response to stress, can affect mood, leading to depression. A review of several studies suggests meditation may reduce depression by decreasing these inflammatory chemicals. Research shows that maintaining an ongoing habit of meditation may help you maintain these benefits long term.
4. Enhances Self-Awareness – Self-inquiry and related styles of meditation can help you “know yourself.” This can be a starting point for making other positive changes.
5. Lengthens Attention Span – Focused-attention meditation is like weight lifting for your attention span. It helps increase the strength and endurance of your attention. Several types of meditation may build your ability to redirect and maintain attention. As little as four days of meditation may be enough to increase attention span.
6. May Reduce Age-Related Memory Loss – The improved focus you can gain through regular meditation may increase memory and mental clarity. These benefits can help fight age-related memory loss and dementia.
7. Can Generate Kindness – Some types of meditation may particularly increase positive feelings and actions toward yourself and others.
8. May Help Fight Addictions – Meditation develops mental discipline and willpower and can help you avoid triggers for unwanted impulses. This can help you recover from addiction, lose weight and redirect other unwanted habits.
9. Improves Sleep – A variety of meditation techniques can help you relax and control the “runaway” thoughts that can interfere with sleep. This can shorten the time it takes to fall asleep and increase sleep quality.
10. Helps Control Pain – Meditation can diminish the perception of pain in the brain. This may help treat chronic pain when used as a supplement to medical care or physical therapy.
Amazing stuff, right?
So, as a Psychic Medium, Intuitive Healer and Teacher, you may assume that I just “LOVE” to meditate and that I do it easily every day, right?
I admit it – I am NOT great at it! I only quiet my mind if I need specific information for myself regarding a situation OR right before I pick up the phone to do a session.
I know, I know. Shame, Melissa! Shame!
So, here’s what I wanted to share with you today…I found something that has tapped into my competitive side AND helps me reach elevated states of consciousness in just a few minutes a day!
I found it when I asked my guides to help me find a way to make the things I avoid (like meditation) something I WANT to do every day.
Not even 3 minutes after asking my Spirit Team…BOOM! An ad for Muse – the brain sensing headband (I swear my phone can read my thoughts).
If you’ve never heard of this precious, precious baby, it is essentially a neurofeedback-based EEG system that gives you accurate, real-time feedback on what’s happening in your brain when you meditate. Plus, it provides motivational challenges and rewards which encourages you to build a regular practice.
In other words, this headband monitors your brainwaves when you’re meditating and gives you real-time feedback so you can recalibrate and get yourself back to a calm, centered state. Plus, it has all of these “gamified” challenges – how many birds can you get (this means you were in a calm state) and how often or how long you are meditating every day.
Yes, I am aware of how much of a dork I am but come on, people, I am a Psychic Medium who primarily uses her clairvoyance and clairaudience to receive messages. Wanting to meditate every day “should” be easy to me and it’s not. I’m human.
Now that I’ve been doing this for a bit, I can report some wonderful benefits I have experienced!
Besides having a calm mind now throughout the day, I have witnessed HUGE shifts in how much easier it is to decipher messages, how much LOUDER and CLEARER my Spirit Team is able to connect with me all day long, and the surprising perk of feeling like every muscle in my body has been massaged due to the level of relaxation I’ve been able to achieve.
This is truly MAGICAL POWER!
And because I am always working on improving myself (I love competing with the previous versions of myself) this hits that sweet spot of playing a fun “game” every day!
Warning! Shocking statement I’m about to make:
I LOOK FORWARD to meditating!!!
MULTIPLE times a day!
I even have my spouse hooked now!
So, let me ask you:
Do you feel like your mind wanders during meditation? – then, this is for YOU!
Does it seem your mind is running a million miles a minute? – this is for YOU!
Do you ever feel like you just don’t want to do it? – this is definitely for YOU!
You can buy this baby for $199 (like I did) or you can buy the newer one (Muse 2) for $249 but it is back-ordered for 6 weeks or so (and I was too impatient to wait).
Check out their website to buy it or learn more about my new favorite toy here: choosemuse.com.
*Note: I do NOT receive any financial compensation for sharing this…I am geeking out over how cool this is and I’m telling everyone about it!
Or you can be the Oprah of your family and buy it for Everybody!
You get a Muse! You get a Muse! You get a Muse!
EVERYBODY GETS A MUSE!!!!!
Meditation can be a POWERFUL tool for you if you use it. You can obviously get those incredible health benefits we spoke about earlier which is totally worth it.
Most importantly, if you decide to use the Muse or just start a practice of daily meditation, it can help YOU get clearer reception from your Spirit Team which can help you make better decisions in your life, see the bigger picture when things happen, and get out of your own way by recognizing what is stopping you from having everything you want.
And who doesn’t want that?!
Until next time….
Sending you a MOUNTAIN of Love, Light, and Clarity,
Ready for a Spiritual Reading? Book your session now with our Online Scheduler!